Thursday, January 12, 2006


Well, buying a house ain't cheap. You'd be surprised at all the fees, insurances, state crap, you have to pay at closing. Everybody, I mean EVERYBODY gets a piece of the transaction.

So where does one get money from if they don't have the cash. well, it was a bittersweet moment but I sold off half of my Coca-Cola shares. I have been holding onto these shares for 20 years now waiting for a moment like this. On one level it makes me sad-I'm not sure why - perhaps it is just the realization that this moment has arrived, that I am not as young as i used to be. On the other hand it is cause to celebrate. I took about $500 and 20 years later I have 5 figures to play with. And what better reason to take one investment and turn it into another one. I can't think of anything more worthy than the home that the love of my life and I will share.

Tomorrow's the inspection. I'll take my camera, just in case there is a nice ass-crack siting ala Dan Akroyd in early SNL skits.

1 comment:

Simone said...

Congratulations! I will celebrate this event in your life by buying a bottle of Coke. And toasting to you!